1. what types of membership does lyc offer?
LYC offers the following types of membership and we suggest you click on the links below to learn more about the membership process:
- Regular - For Maui residents or those who reside on Maui MORE than 60 days in a calendar year
- Associate - For those who visit Maui LESS then 60 days in a calendar year
- Intermediate - For the young adults who desire to have their own membership, ages 18-26
- Junior - For juniors interested in our sailing program
* Memberships are for a year, January 1 - December 31. We do not offer a 1, 3 or 6 month membership
* Regular members MUST attend a Membership Committee Meeting, held the first Tuesday of each month at 4pm
* Dues, are a one-time fee for the year, there is no additional fees or X amount that needs to be spent at the Club per quarter
2. What's the benefit of joining LYC?
- Voting for Regular members
- Reciprocity - World-wide reciprocal privileges with over 1,000 yacht clubs
- Oceanfront Dining - Best view on Front Street and great food for the best value
- Events - at least once a month the club has some activity or fundraiser for our community
- Ship Store - Members receive discounts on unique treasurers and logo wear
- Yacht Races - from Vic Maui International Yacht Race to inter-island junior sailing regattas
- Sailing Programs - Learn how to sail as a junior or an adult with our expanding programs
- Birthday's - Visit LYC on your Birthday and receive drink chips
- Camaraderie - Long-term friendships and wonderful memories, LYC established in 1965
3. How do I become a member?
As a private club, a LYC member in good standing needs to sponsor you, the applicant, and known you for at least (3) months. NOTE: A husband and wife counts as one person.
- A Regular membership requires two (2) LYC Regular members to sponsor you
- An Associate membership requires two (2) LYC Associate or one (1) Regular member
4. How do I join if I don' t know a LYC Member?
Contact the membership committee at email@example.com
5. How do I reinstate my membership if i let it lapse?
A reinstatement fee applies plus current dues. If its been more than a year, then you must go through the process again and reapply.
7. DO I have to own a boat to be a LYC member?
No, because we do not have slips unlike many yacht clubs on the mainland.